Saturday, February 17, 2007

How influential are we ?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/influence

influence - the action or process of producing effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of another or others:

Can a perfectly happy and content person be influenced by me to become unhappy, restless, dissatisfied & dis-illusioned? Does it signify his weakness or my strength ?

--> The converse could work too, but the question would remain the same.

Is the act of influencing an instantaneous step or long drawn process ?

Are positive influences quick to take effect or the negative influences ?

Does a positive influence stay longer with the person who has been influenced or does the negative influence ?

Would you consciously ever strive ( contrive ) to influence someone in a positive ( or negative ) way ?

I have worked with good teams for 8 years. I have worked worked, earned the praise from the customers and supervisors alike. Worked under great supervisors for the first 3 years. That has influenced me when I became a supervisor myself. Has that been a positive influence on me and would it influence the person who now reports to me ?

Is influence all about the person who is trying to control, making an impact or is also about the person who is absorbing all these ?

Sons of great masters dont become great masters themselves. Arent the great masters influential enough ?

The personalities whom we attract towards us are those who are influenced by us in some manner or the other. Does it reach a point where we get influenced by them ?

How much can we influence our friends, our parents, our spouse , our colleagues ? Our children ?

Should we ? Shouldnt we ? Consciously ?


Can this write-up influence you ?
;-)

No comments: